C. Lüttig (fl. 1836-1925), Berlin.

Brass protractor, German, 19th century to early 20th century.

C. Lüttig, maker of surveying and drawing instruments, established in 1836 with 15 employees in 1871. Exhibitions in Berlin 1844, London 1851, Paris 1855, London 1862, Vienna 1873, Berlin 1896, and Bruxelles 1910. Lüttig received his training at the Berlin Königliches Gewerbe-Institut (Royal Commercial Institute).

 

 

REFERENCES

1. The workshop was apparently still going strong in 1923, see listing: "C. Lüttig,  Mechanische Werkstatt und Optische Special-Geschäft, C2, Poststrasse 10"  Berliner Adreßbuch 1923, page 1957, Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin.

 

2. Last mention of C. Lüttig "Mechanische Werkstatt, SW68, Alexandrinenstraße 134" in Berliner Adreßbuch 1925, page 1971, Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin.

 

3. The illustrated catalogue of the industrial department International exhibition, London 1862

 

4. CLERCQ, P.R. de; Nineteenth Century Scientific Instruments and their Makers, Leiden 1985, p. 145.

 

5. Ausführlicher Bericht über die große, allgemeine deutsche Gewerbe-Ausstellung in Berlin im Jahre 1844, p.285.

 

6. Amtlicher Bericht über die Allgemeine Deutsche Gewerbe 1844, p.414.